What I’m about to say is very controversial…it’s not popular to admit, but I am going to be very candid here….the truth is I strongly disliked Kale when I first tried it. There, I said it.
Ok, so maybe I couldn’t even stand the sight of it. I know this may sound dramatic….but it’s not the tastiest veggie out there. It’s hard to chew, can be very bitter and definitely was not on my “top 10, late-night cravings” list. It was just NOT for me.
Boy am I glad I gave it another chance because this recipe has become a staple in our house and even the hubby likes it! When I need a quick, healthy side-dish, this is my go-to veggie recipe! I’m obsessed. Kale also contains numerous health benefits and is high in anti-oxidants….Win, win!
-Raw Kale (I love the bag from TraderJoe’s-pictured below)
-Low sodium Soy Sauce
1. Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray. I love olive-oil spray because it gives the veggies a nice flavor.
2. Once the pan is warm, throw in a generous amount of chopped, raw Kale and let it cook for 1 minute.
3. Grate some fresh Ginger and throw it on top of the Kale. I personally LOVE Ginger and use quite a bit, but it can be a strong taste, so start with a little. You can always add more.
4. Toss the Kale and Ginger in the pan then add 1-2 TBSP of low-sodium Soy Sauce.
5. Let simmer for another 2-3 minutes or until the Kale looks soft.
6. DEVOUR….all of it!
I love to eat this dish on its own, but its pretty delicious paired with other main dishes as well.
I hope you enjoy this simple & easy recipe that will change your mind about Kale! At least, it did for me 🙂